Greenspace, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. It is managed by a working volunteer board of 13 to 20 members who service on four committees which include:
- Land Acquisition
Greenspace, Inc. obejectives include:
- To preserve local riparian streams and open spaces for their recreational, historical, educational, and ecological and aesthetic values.
- To provide trails for passive recreational use and for public health and enjoyment.
Greenspace, Inc also:
- Promotes, plans and develops the Elizabethtown Greenbelt.
- Maintains trails and parks using a paid supervisor and volunteers.
- Owns a truck, trail maintenance equipment and a headquarters building located at Freeman Lake Park.
- Secures yearly donations from local sources, and a matching challenge grant from the City of Elizabethtown.
- Seeks out, receives and administers local, state and federal grants.
- Maintains liability insurance.
- Offers $10 individual and $25 family memberships.
- Publishes "The Greenbelt News"; a quarterly newsletter.
- Receives cooperation from the City of Elizabethtown, including the Department of Planning & Development.